Friday 8 April 2011

Spring continues to bloom

The last 3 days have been absolutely spectacular!  People are soaking in the rays of the sun while reading, playing, and socializing.











Today, I had to change into shorts before spending time wandering through the neighborhood admiring the intricate detail of our God's creation as well as the superb gardening skills of my neighbors.  I even learned a bit by chatting with a gardner.


He informed me that tulip trees are the same as magnolia trees...

and that using a virus to infect the bulb of a tulip can result in the streaking of colors (see the red and white tulip below).








I am amazed by the diversity of color, texture, and shape of the flowers.  Every color on the spectrum is represented.  Our God is creative!


The sheer number of flowers leave me in awe of those people that plant, water, and carefully maintain the beauty.

 



However, it's almost as though the flowers are invading as they spill over retaining walls and declare their authority from atop the walls.

I've heard that the British Spring brings 2 spectacular weeks and the Fall offers 2 more for a total of 4 weeks of beautiful weather out of the year.  I have every intention of taking full advantage.  Too bad the golf clubs are collecting dust in storage.  I should've listened to my husband and agreed to bring them along.

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have the sun shining on you... The pictures are beautiful!! I hope all is well..

    Sending love,

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! Spring hasn't really sprung here yet, but I can tell it's getting ready! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete